American Legion Riders
BOONE CHAPTER 4
Membership Meetings: 1st Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
|Vice Director||Bob Korns|
|Secretary / Treasurer||Vacant|
|Sergeant of Arms||Rick Eilers|
Overview of The American Legion Riders Program
The American Legion Riders is a National program supported by a Post od Department of The American Legion, and shall uphold the declared principles of The American Legion as well as conform to and abide by the regulations and decision of the Department, Post, or other duly constituted Department governing body. The American Legion Riders is one of the fastest-growing and most highly visible programs of The American Legion.
Currently, over 110,000 American Legion Riders meet in over 2,000 Chapters in every U.S. State and in at least three foreign countries. American Legion Riders are well known for their charitable work, which has reaised hundreds of thousands of dollars for local children's hospitals, schools, veterans homes, severely wounded servicemenbers, and scholarships. True to the Legion's grassroots tradition, each Chapter manages its programs at the Post level, where the best ideas are born. The Riders are part of many projects and events, including:
- The American Legion Legacy Run, an annual cross-country fundraising ride from National Headquarters in Indianapolis to the National Convention city;
- Local memorial ceremonies and community parades;
- Local charity events in support of The American Legion and local communities;
- Raising money for VA Hospitals, women and children centers, schools, and other facilities; and
- Escorting military units to departure airfields and airports for combat tours overseas, and welcoming them home upon their reture.
Copyright © 1996 - 2004 by The American Legion - All Rights Reserved